Monday, March 28, 2016

So much to organize and do around here. Trying to organize my blog, live life and put together content for my blog. Well ISN'T that fun!? It kind of is.
We just celebrated my the littlest grandbabies first birthday. I can hardly believe that he is one. Time just goes by so fast and it goes by even faster as a grandparent. Before I know it. I'll be an old lady and he will be a grown man. WOW.

River @ his first birthday party playing with his
 buddy LJ.
They have alot of fun for lil guys!

I do want to tell you about something that makes me feel quite young at heart and I enjoy being a part of so much. You'll enjoy it too!!! I mean who doesn't like trying out new stuff and getting FREE stuff at that? It's a great community with a great bunch of people.. Check it out!

It's Called Influenster and you can click this link to join!
 Influenster

I was so excited to get my #TreatVoxBox from +Influenster 
We had lots of fun this weekend trying out things.Started out with the big reveal




Of course I'm a huge fan of Yogi tea so I got to try out 2 new for me flavors Skin Dedox and Healthy Skin.

 #YogiTeaMom
The Skin Detox is a Fragrant Rose Petal and Hibiscus Organic Green Tea with Burdock and yellow Dock, Red Clover.
Healthy Skin is Nettle Leaf, Mullein Leaf and Schisandra Berry, Ayurvedic herbs. Cinnamon Bark, Cardamom Seed,fragrant, Cocoa Shells and Vanilla Bean. I loved it This time around I drank it with a bit of sugar and that made those flavors pop even more! Yea Yogi!

 I'm saving Skin Detox to go with my Lavender Vanilla Sugar cookie that I made with my @Country Crock that I got as a part of my Treat VoxBox! Blog coming with pics and recipe later. Since the dough is chilling right now.
A little sneak peek





My daughter chose to try the Hills Bros Cappuccino to start with
  

This was a hit because my husband wanted one of them and my daughter talked him out of his. He he. I had mine for my 3rd cup of coffee today. There is only ONE problem. One packet doesn't work well in my big cup hahaha. I only had one packet left at that point. Guess it's time to run to the store with my 1.00 off coupon that came in my box!     

Since my coffee pot is being rediculas I'm actually going to go to the little store in our neighborhood and borrow their's to make myself and the store owner a cup of the K Cups you see here which are in 4 flavor's Double Mocha, English Toffee, French Vanilla and Salted Caramel. But the other two which is going to be the Salted Caramel and English toffee I am going to use in a few recipes I found at Hills Bro's website

 Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
¾ cup flour
1/8 t. baking powder
1 1\4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons of Hills Bros. Salted Caramel Cappuccino
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped into large pieces
½ t. sea salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 8x8 baking pan with Parchment paper.

Place flour, baking powder and brown sugar in large bowl, mix to combine.

Add the eggs, HBC, vanilla, and butter. Stir until smooth.

Stir in chocolate pieces, spoon mixture into prepared baking pan.

Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 40-45 minutes. Enjoy warm or cold!
 (Thank You @Hills Bros Cappuccino for recipe) and 

Hills Bros.® English Toffee Cappuccino Apple Turnovers
Ingredients:
2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced thin and cut into small pieces
1 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup Hills Bros. ® Cappuccino English Toffee
½ cup sugar
1 package of refrigerated/frozen pie crust dough
1 egg plus one tbsp. of water
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine apples and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir. Add Hills Bros. ® Cappuccino English Toffee and sugar and stir until apples are evenly coated. Set aside.
Roll out pie crust dough on a clean, flat surface. Using the lip of a ramekin or a large cookie cutter, press eight circles into the dough. Remove the dough scraps from around the cut circles and form the dough into two balls. Re-roll the dough to create two more circles.
Spoon a small amount of the apple mixture into the center of the dough circles
Next, whisk egg and water in a small dish. Brush a small amount of the egg onto the edges of the dough circles.
Fold the circles of dough in half and pinch edges together. Using a fork, press the dough edges to form a complete seal. Brush each turnover with additional egg wash. For added crunch, add a pinch of sugar to the tops.
Place turnovers on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges brown.
(Thank you Hills Bro's for this recipe also)
This one I think I'm going to make for my parents!

While we were coloring eggs Saturday night we decided it was time to make a video and while doing that we gave River his first @Yum V's It's so cute I wish I could share it right now and maybe I'll add it soon because I am editing the video to just that frame so look for it soon His little num num num is just tooo cute!. In the mean time here is a picture of him eating it today





Last but not least was my Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Lotion Nourishes Dry, Mature Skin. The awesome thing is it did. I even did dishes twice and my skin still feels great! Very velvety and with my RA I was tickled to see how much smoother and firm my hands are today. It has pomegranate seed, apricot kernel oil, shea butter, Organic sunflower and sesame see oil as well as being fragranced with neroli and sandalwood. The combination with the pomegranate is very enjoyable. I couldn't stop smelling my hands. Num Num Num. I was also thinking yesterday I remember seeing some of this in my grandma's collection of goodies once and it is always nice to use a product that has stood the test of time. The company was formed in 1921.


I want to say a big thankyou to +Influenster  @HillsBrosCapp, @Weleda @YogiTea @Yumv's & @CountryCrock  for the opportunity to try this products for free all reviews and opinions are my own! Your AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment