Friday, January 4, 2013

Making fudge with Grammie

I love making and creating. It calms my spirit and my husband says I've got a none stop amazing smile when I'm creating things. That is truly the most amazing part of it that I'm oozing so much joy that my husband notices. "insert goose bumps here!"

This past weekend two of my lil charmed ones and I had the joy of making fudge. What fun to teach them something my grandmothers and mother taught me. Passing down traditions is probably something through my life I've learned are so very important.

We chose my sister Julie's Never Fail fudge recipe. So easy and works every time. That is a must in wet ol' Washington State.




This recipe is very simple. Use Chocolate chips of your choice, marshmallows, butter, sugars, salt, evaporated milk, vanilla and walnuts. The great thing about this recipe it's so easy to add different goodies to it such as crushed candy canes, additional marshmallows, or more chips such as ande's chocolate chips. Pretzels. You name it it will blend in there perfectly. For this batch the girls and I decided on additional marshmallows.

                                               
                                                   "hmmmm what should we add?"

                           
                        "Ewwwww Grammie that's gross!!!!" ( I think I said bugars LOL}


Now the cooking process begins. This recipe is more of a timed recipe so the next batch of fudge we make I will begin teaching them first the cold water method and later how to read a thermometer.

The girls wanted to dig right in and of course could hardly wait to get at the pot and spoon.


.Jade wants to tell everyone she's very
excited to share our blog with you. She wanted
to take Grammie's picture too and I let her
but we just aren't posting it ha ha

Ruby sends her love to all our future fans.
Drummmmmmmm rolllll...

Here is our creation!

WAIT!!! We have to stir in the marshmallows.....



Now drum roll!


Stay tuned for this weekends project!

In the mean time grammy will be posting some of her own goodies here too. I'm in the process of making some things for our "Naturally Whimsical" store and some 2013 pricing and specials for Whimsical Moments Photography. Very excited about this journey with my grandbabies.

Lotsa Love,
Grammie, Jade and Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment